Broadweigh Load Cells
While Spikemark does not inherently interface with Broadweigh Load Cells, we often use BW-S325 3/4 Ton load cell shackles to monitor various loads and systems. The information on this page is the very basics to get any of the load cells we offer on rentals up and running!
What do you need?
- USB Dongle or Base Station Receiver
- Broadweigh 2.4GHz Wireless Shackle
- 2 x AA Batteries
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- 1.Remove the plastic cover (4 x M3 Pan Head Machine Screws)
- 2.Install 2 x AA Batteries into the battery terminals. Verify that the red light on the outside begins to blink.
- 3.Re-install the plastic cover.
- 1.Plug in your USB Dongle or Extended Base Station
- 2.Open LOG100 Software on your computer
- 3.Open the Configure Project window through the Edit tab of the main toolbar.
- 4.Set up your specific load cells
- Name your show file
- Select the number of load cells you are using
- Click on the Display number you want to edit (it will highlight grey), then, in the Expression input field, type the LAST 4 DIGITS of your load cell ID number between the "<>" symbols. This load cell is FDD453, so enter "<D453>"
- Name that load cell
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each load cell. When done, click OK in the bottom right corner to return to the "All Channels" display page.
- Click "Gross" to zero out the load cell when at zero load.
Here's a few things you can do with Broadweigh toolkit:
- If you're having trouble connecting to a load cell, close LOG100 and see trying finding it in the Toolkit.
- Swap between KG and LBS
- Adjust specific power consumption (for long term power management)
- Change Radio Channels (for local radio requirements, or to avoid interference)